One of the major perks of being a fashion blogger is joining a rich community of people to learn from. This week's links are all about education--from posts that take a critical look at fashion-inspired books, to an inside look at the much buzzed about fashion summer camp. Of course, we couldn't leave out a link to our favorite education event... the upcoming IFB Conference! We hope you enjoy (and learn something, too!)
LINKS À LA MODE: AUG 11th
- à tout le monde: Youth Gone Fierce Part Deux!
- Click Click Flash: Menswear trend report on TEXTURE
- Clothes: Ones to Watch: Ethical Fashion Forum Innovation Award Winners 2011
- ckms: Slut Shaming: A response to a Fashion Bloggers, Why? post
- Cosmolawlitan: Strong Q2 and Q3 Spending in Fashion Luxury Items
- Dites Moi: Back To School: Autumn Shopping Guide!
- Fashables: The Boat Shoes that Changed my Mind
- IFB: Join us for the IFB Conference on Sep. 7 at Milk Studios in NYC
- Incognito: Perfume is the best model for a fashion designer : How bottles of perfume represent their designer
- jimpricute: Apron turned dress!
- Juliet's Lace: How to deal with negative comments
- Law of Fashion: office no, no...or yes? [bare arms]
- Love at First Blush: In her Closet: A Shoe Designer's Wardrobe
- Miss Viki: The Photography Business & The American Dream
- Morbid Glamour: One Shot: Liberdade
- North on Harper: Inside Daphne Guinness’ Closet
- The Arc in the Sky: A fun and philosophical look at the Metropolitan Art Museum's Alexander McQueen exhibit!
- The Loudmouth Lifestyle: Lookbook Revisited: Looks for Less!
- The Sunshine Rebellion: Fashion Camp: This exists
- Wishing for Chanel: Book Review--Style Yourself: Inspirational fashion advice from the world's hottest style bloggers
PLEASE READ IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO PARTICIPATE
If you would like to submit your link for next week’s Links à la Mode, please register first, then post your links HERE. The HTML code for this week will be found in the Links a la Mode group will be published later today. ~Jennine