Saturday, February 11, 2012
5 Ways I Stay Awake
I've been called the 'energizer bunny' at work. Read on to see how I keep going throughout the day! (Illustration found here.)
1) I drink caffeine. Let me begin by reminding you that I am not a doctor, and I am not claiming that my high caffeine intake is healthy, so pretty please don't comment about me recommending something that is bad for you. I am not saying you should do this, but it is what works for me. :) I have about two cups of coffee in the morning and one after lunch, sometimes with a soda in-between. I've read articles about both the positives and negatives of caffeine, but all I know is that my addiction definitely keeps me energized throughout the day.
2) I move. I'm grateful for a job that keeps me on my feet. I'm running around (usually in heels) for most of my 11-hour days! I feel that this wakes me up both mentally & physically. I don't have time to even think about being tired. When I get home, I'm already energized from my day, and it keeps me going if I want to tackle a blog project. Then when I'm ready for bed, I have no problem falling asleep!
3) I get a full night's rest. Everyone knows how much sleep they personally need in order to function. I try to get a full 8 hours every night. If I don't, I go to bed extra early the next night! It's not a waste of time because it actually helps me be more awake, and therefore more productive, during the day.
4) I eat. As humans, we need food for energy. It's a basic fact. :) I never deprive myself! If I'm hungry, I eat. If I'm not, I don't. I'm grateful that I have a boss that lets me take little snack breaks throughout the day. Eating is good!
5) I keep a positive attitude. If I'm in a bad mood, it's easy to dwell on how tired I am. But if I mentally keep myself pumped up & excited about life, why wouldn't I want to be productive? Life is too short. ♥