Hello friends, and happy Friday!
First off, thank you for the sweet compliments on the outfit photo in my last post. It's actually an oldie from 2011. Surprise!
Secondly, I know I've been posting a lot of lists lately, but that's just how it happened to work out. And I happen to love listing, so, deal.
Anywho, I'm turning 26 two months from today (weird) so I thought it'd be fun to look back at the goals I made last year. Here they are again, along with my progress. I hope to complete more before April 8.
1) Write a book. I consider myself a pretty optimistic person, but I don't think think I'll be able to finish this one in time. However, I definitely think I could start it. I feel like I already have, in my head -- it's just scary to begin writing it down. Fellow writers, you understand.
4) Hit on a random guy at Target. Every time I go there, I see at least three cute boys. It never fails. And I never have the courage to talk to them. Target is just a random place to strike up a conversation, you know? But there's one particular dude who works there that I've been crushing on. We usually share a little smile, and then I realize that he's probably laughing at the fact that I'm wearing sweatpants in public. Then I shuffle away with my basket of Lean Cuisines, and the moment is gone. Maybe next time...
5) Complete a scrapbook. This hasn't happened either. Maybe I can make a mini one. I miss scrapbooking a lot, I just have so many other priorities. I need to purposely set aside time for it.
8) Teach an e-course. Haven't done this. Still want to.
9) Learn how to write a screenplay. See above.
11) Start a webseries. Haven't done this yet, sadly. But I have made some silly videos. I hope to create more in the future!
12) Go camping. I don't know what I was thinking with this one. I'm not an outdoorsy person at all. I hate bugs and getting dirty.
13) Do #12 at Coachella. This is an exception.
14) Give up something for Lent. It starts next Wednesday, and I still plan on participating this year. I think it's a good exercise in self-control, and it allows me to focus on things more important than my vices. In the past I've given up alcohol, chocolate, and soda to name a few. I tried to give up email in the 8th grade, but that didn't last.
16) Get my first tattoo. Chris and I are waiting to do this together when I visit him in Texas. :) Now I just need to decide what I want -- I have five different ideas!
17) Buy a record player. I still want one, but again -- priorities.
18) Bake cupcakes from scratch (successfully this time). I can definitely do this before my birthday. Perhaps even for my birthday.
20) Find a movie I love almost as much as 500 Days. Nope. Didn't happen. Though, I do have many favorites.
22) Begin living without roommates. Nope, this won't happen for awhile still. And I'm 100% okay with that. I'm really grateful for my roomie Sergio. I always find the most wonderful, brotherly men.
23) Make a calendar for 2013. This obviously didn't happen, but oh well -- there's always next year!
24) Start experimenting with toy cameras. Sadly, this hasn't happened yet either. I own one toy camera (see bookshelf above), and I haven't even used it yet. Yikes! I'm a loser.
25) Design a Loudmouth t-shirt. After seeing Mattie's tee, I'm even more inspired to get this one accomplished. It would be so much fun, don't you think?