Saturday, December 7, 2013
Lunch :: 12 Holiday Dishes for Pescetarians
Most people assume that, being pescetarian, I don't have many options when it comes to holiday food (or food in general). In reality, my diet isn't as strict as it sounds: I limit my intake of dairy and grains, and I don't eat any meat except for fish. That's what works for me. It makes both my mind and body feel good. But everyone's different, and I assure you, I still eat in abundance.
So, seeing as Christmas is swiftly approaching and I plan on making breakfast with my sister that morning, I've been scouring the web for creative new recipes. Here are my favorite ideas, fit to satisfy anyone -- through brunch, snacktime, dinner and dessert -- whether or not there are any impending diet restrictions.
1. Mini quiche
2. Buttermilk biscuits with mushroom gravy
3. Savory twice-baked potatoes
4. Apple, brie and honey bruschetta
5. Roasted garlic and sriracha hummus
6. Brussels sprout chips
7. Pomegranate glazed salmon
8. Baked risotto
9. Cream of mushroom soup
10. Nutella-stuffed pumpkin bread
11. Chocolate lasagna
12. Caramel maple peanut butter bars