Thursday, April 24, 2014
Life :: 11 Questions from Jess
This questionnaire came at the perfect time because for some reason, I didn't have a post planned for today. I blame pregnancy brain for my forgetfulness! Normally I'm crazy about lists, schedules and calendars but once in awhile I eff it up. Ah, well.
I was tagged by Jessica to answer these questions. I'm supposed to tag other people too, but I'm not going to because I'm a big fat loser, so feel free to grab it and use if you'd like! Here we go:
1. If you could live any place in the world, where would it be? Besides here in LA, which I adore (if you excuse the traffic, high cost of living and Hollywood attitudes) I'd live in San Diego or Austin. I'd love to visit Rome, London, Paris and Hawaii but I've never been to those places so I can't say I'd live there. I also always wanted to live in Chicago, but sadly it's too cold for me; otherwise, the perfect city.
2. What do you miss most about being a kid? I know this might sound strange, but I don't miss much. When I was a child I had big dreams, but now that I'm an adult I can actually make those dreams a reality, which is a lot more fun. I suppose not having to worry about bills was nice, though I obviously didn't even think about that at the time.
3. Who or what inspires you? Reading good books and blogs inspire me to be a better writer. My best friends and boyfriend inspire me to be a better person. My parents inspire me to be a good mother. My sister inspires me to be weird and crazy and not give a damn what anyone thinks.
4. Where do you see yourself 10 years from now? Married to Brandon, hopefully with our own house and maybe a second child, me making a living off of my words and he having his own shop. I know this question was about me and not us, but I can't help mentioning him now that we're a unit. I have to admit I'm already looking at suits on the Formal Tailor website and adding bits of inspiration to this Pinterest board, but I know we have a lot of other things to plan for now (like, another human being) before we can start to plan a wedding. It can't hurt to dream, though, right?
5. Your 50th birthday party -- who's invited? This may sound morbid, but I honestly don't know who is still going to be around by the time I'm 50; I may lose them due to death or other circumstances. Because my life has changed so much over the years (moving to a new city, breaking up with my long-term boyfriend, leaving my job, getting a new job, finding a new man, leaving my job again, getting pregnant) many people have come and gone. My parents and siblings and Brandon will be there, of course, and hopefully Malorie and Kelly, Kara and Laura and Jennifer, all of whom I've known for over a decade. Perhaps the twins, Megan and Melissa, will be able to come, and Jessica and Charisma and Chris and Fenn. Maybe even Jacquelyn and Angela and Raiza and Dina. We'll see, but that would be a fun, eclectic bunch for sure. Perhaps blogging will still exist at that point, and I can look back at this post!
6. What are your strengths? I'm a word person. I know to talk and I know how to write.
7. What are things you want to improve on? I would love to get better at photography.
8. Places you've traveled to? All over the United States, including Washington DC, Virginia, Florida, Arizona, Chicago and New York, along with lots of places in and around California, such as Las Vegas, San Francisco, Napa Valley, Santa Barbara, San Diego, Laguna and San Clemente. I've been to Canada a handful of times to different areas, Niagara Falls and Windsor and Toronto, and I've also been to Europe but I was so young I don't remember -- England, Poland, Germany.
9. What is a routine you could never do without? To be honest, I'm not a routine-oriented person. I seriously can't think of anything.
10. What was an act of kindness shown towards you that caught you by surprise? When I was five, a random old man at the mall asked me if I believed in Jesus. I said yes, and he gave me a dollar. My mom took me to the dollar store and I bought little toy animals.
11. List some of the best times in your life in less than one minute. Ready... go! (Don't cheat!) Pretty much any time with B is the best time. D'aww.
*Photo found here.