1. Please start by telling us a little bit about yourself, your blog and your job!
My name is Jen Biswas. I live in Minneapolis with my husband, Rishi. I’m an avid runner and knitter and I drink copious amounts of coffee every day. I run the online boutique, Paisley + Sparrow where my blog is also held. Paisley + Sparrow is a collection of items that are empowering women, creating sustainable business and bringing hope to people all over the world.
2. Can you tell us what your favorite things are about your part of the world, and what we can expect if we visit you someday?
I was born and raised in MN but have traveled extensively around the world and have grown to appreciate the uniqueness of MN! I love the amount of lakes that we have - we live within a mile from a lake that connects to 3 others which is perfect for running and biking. Outdoor actives like biking, running and rock climbing are big here so you are always seeing people out and about doing the activity they love the most. We have fabulous restaurants and some of the cutest coffee shops around! The changing seasons are also amazing and the fall colors are something I hope everyone experiences sometime in their life!
3. Do you have any tips for your fellow bloggers? What are your fave cameras, supplies and equipment to use for your projects?
Don’t stress about having to write something every single day or caring too much about what other people might think about your post. Write for you and write from the heart - those are the best types of posts!
I do most of my photography with just my iPhone and I edit them with the VSCO app. My sister is a photographer so I try to have her do photos for me on occasion.
4. What are your other hobbies and passions outside of blogging?
I love to run and am planning on doing a triathlon next spring. I also own an Etsy shop, Le Biswas where I sell knit cowls and crocheted hats. My Sundays are spent knitting/crocheting while my husband watches football and now that all my friends and family members own one of my creations, I started an Etsy shop so I don’t have 100 cowls laying around. ;)
5. What are your future plans in business and in life?
I plan on continuing to grow my business into something that is recognized for being a perfect spot to get beautiful accessories, home items, gifts and more that have a purpose and are changing lives. In life I want to visit all 7 continents (I only have Antarctica left!) and all 50 states. I hope to have some children and continue to travel, run and enjoy life to the fullest!
6. What's your favorite thing about the blogosphere? What's your biggest challenge?
I love all of the friends I’ve met through blogging! I’ve had the honor of meeting a handful of them and it is so much fun! My biggest challenge is feeling inadequate. There are so many amazing bloggers out there that it can be hard to not compare myself to them!
7. What's your personal philosophy or belief system?
I believe in God and the power of prayer!
8. What do you love most about being part of the Loud Ladies community?
I love the encouragement and inspiration and that everyone is different! We can all learn from one another to become better bloggers, business owners and people!
9. What's the most important lesson you've ever learned in life?
Keep going and believing in yourself and stop taking things so personally!
10. What song do we all need to listen to... right now!?
I hate to say it but Justin Bieber’s “What Do You Mean”. I blame my husband for giving me Bieber-fever! ;)
You keep in touch with Jen via Instagram.
Interested in being our next featured #loudlady? Connect with us here!